What most of us don’t realize is that creating a product that is loved by your customers is as important as selling it to generate revenues. The key to the ultimate success of any business is knowing your customer and providing catered solutions that fix their problems. I learned many things over the years building Tricefy and coaching other software and hardware companies how to create a stand-out product.
Here are some of my tips:
- Create a user-friendly and visually appealing product. If you are selling online, your interface should also follow the same norms.
- Try to simplify every workflow!! Eliminate steps by taking away features rather than adding new ones.
- To make the training and adaptation of the system easier, steal with proud features/behaviors/workflows from modern consumer product like Google Drive, Facebook, etc.
- Innovation is not instant. It takes lots of lead bullets to make a silver bullet. Don’t chase brilliant one-offs when seeking innovation. It’s best to be very open-minded when launching a product so that you can build in customer feedback and adapt and learn from your user’s behavior.
- Provide a wow element with the design, usability or business model and keep on providing wow element with every new big feature or product your company launches.
- It very important when you launching a new product that you simplify the market message, you literally have 2 seconds to get the customer to understand your product, so present very easy use cases.
- Don’t forget that the user buys the feeling you provide them with. So create visual stories and marketing that attract your target customers and leave them feeling good about their choice.
- Engage with your customers and ask them what the need and what they think.
- Monitor your customer’s digital behavior and learns what works and not works.
- Be fast, flexible and ready to adapt to the market needs.
- Give back and contribute to social causes.